In honor of my first Mother's Day, I thought I'd write out a list of what being a Mama really means during this season of my life. I'm constantly learning (i.e. failing), but thankfully Deacon has been a pretty gracious teacher and Jeremy has been a great support system!
10. Being a Mama means taking at least 20 pictures throughout the course of the day... most of which aren't particularly interesting or special, but all of which are EXTREMELY PRECIOUS (to me).
9. Being a Mama means shaping my entire day around the schedule and needs of a 4 month old.
8. Being a Mama means I constantly smell like spit-up, breastmilk or poop. On extra special days I smell like all three
7. Being a Mama means looking like a complete idiot for as long as it takes to get a smile.
6. Being a Mama means showers are few and far between.
5. Being a Mama means even when I get time for myself, I miss my little guy.
4. Being a Mama means saying "our baby is SO CUTE" to Jeremy at least twice a day.
3. Being a Mama means worrying about things like poop, stuffy noses and which adorable outfit he's going to wear.
2. Being a Mama means experiencing new levels of faith and new meaning in prayer.
1. Being a Mama means tearing up every time I start to think about how much I love my boy and how thankful I am that I get to parent him with my best friend.